AFG Edge Virtual Conference – 2021 Registration Is Open!
Register now for the November conference and get the May virtual preview– FREE!
National Edge Conference
This fast-paced, 2-part conference is where professionals unite, renew their commitment to lifelong learning, and strengthen the influence of the association community. Join us to learn about and discuss the unique issues.
Annual Edge Conference in 2021
We see this year’s conference as a hybrid event with virtual content and possibly some in-person content. Join us for a special virtual preview of this year’s conference, May 19. These educational sessions will be free to all AFG members. (Reminder: Become a member either by joining or renewing your membership
Conference Preview on Wednesday, May 19
, features four “flash” sessions
– just 30 minutes in length, this is micro-learning at its finest. Experts will address GivingTuesday, donor data, writing for external audiences and hot-off-the-press benchmarking data about association foundations nationwide. If you attend all flash sessions, you’ve accrued two CE hours to apply toward CAE or CFRE renewal! Join us at 1:45 PM ET for a mini AFG Town Hall and check out the latest membership benefits. Network with the AFG Executive Roundtable and conclude the Preview experience with a virtual Happy Half Hour ending at 5:00 PM ET. All Preview sessions and events will be held via Zoom.
Beginning on Tuesday afternoon, November 9 and continuing through Wednesday, November 10, the 2021 AFG Edge Conference will convene a hundred-plus association foundation thought leaders. Be sure and mark your calendars now. We anticipate a hybrid event with some virtual and some in-person components in DC and/or in Chicago. We are considering “watch” gatherings where you can watch presentations with a group of other AFG members with the opportunity for networking and discussion. We will make the final plans based on what is deemed safe by early November. Remember membership offers discounts for the conference.
Exciting elements of the November conference program include:
- Plenary speaker Holly Hall, Contributing Editor, Inside Philanthropy with a journalist’s take on trends in fundraising
- Nationally recognized planned giving expert Russell James III, Ph.D., J.D., CFP®, Professor, The CH Foundation Chair of Personal Financial Planning, at Texas Tech University, addressing “How to Ask for an Estate Gift without Fear or Anxiety”
- AFG’s Executive Roundtable for senior fundraisers and professionals
- And more!
Call for Proposals
Share your expertise with AFG National Conference attendees! As we assemble the program for our Conference Preview (May 19) and Edge Conference (November 9-10), we seek session proposals from the AFG community.
We are particularly interested in sessions about annual giving, major gifts, governance and Board relations, fundraising at virtual conferences, and legal best practices. However, we welcome submissions in other topics.
Be sure to include the following items:
· Proposed session title
· Proposed session description: address timeliness and relevance to association foundations (100
· Proposed session length: 30 minutes; 60 minutes; other (please specify)
· Proposed speakers
Please submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2021.
Join Mail List
Join our mailing list and sign up for AFG reminders!