AFG Edge Conference – 2020
The health and safety of our members, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors is paramount. The AFG Board of Directors have decided to postpone the conference until Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
AFG is the only association geared towards fundraisers working in associations and association foundations. So, you don’t want to miss AFG’s 2020 Edge Conference in Washington, DC. All the content is tailored to our niche needs will focus on you and your fellow association fundraisers.
When: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Where: FHI 360 Conference Center- 1825 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, DC
(Note a 4% processing fee will be included when paid via credit card.)
Take advantage of the early bird rate, register before July 26th!
AFG Member Rate: Early Bird $279 Regular $329
Non-Member Rate: Early Bird $379 Regular $429
Speaker Rate: $169
*The non-member registration fee includes a free, introductory trial AFG membership through June 30, 2020. Your benefits may continue by renewing your membership at that time. You must register by May 12 to qualify for this offer.
The AFG is currently working to reserved a room block at the Washington Marriott/ 1221 22nd St., NW, Washington, DC. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, August 25th
(Washington Marriott/1221 22nd St., NW, Washington, DC)
6:00-7:30 pm Networking Reception*
Wednesday, August 26th
(FHI 360 Conference Center- 1825 Connecticut Ave., NW)
8:30-9:00 am Breakfast with Exhibitors
9:00-10:00 am Gender Matters: A Practical Approach to Grow Women’s Philanthropy: Kathleen Loehr, Senior Consultant, Aspen Leadership Group
10:00-11:00 am Educational Session I
- Making the Most of Your Annual Giving Program: Doug Adolph, Senior Vice President, CCS Fundraising
- No Sacred Cows: Leading a Foundation Through Change … of Everything: Rikki Amos, Managing Director, International Franchise Association Foundation
- Screening and Planned Giving: Using the Most Predictive Data for Prospecting: Garet Turner, CAE, CMP, Vice President and Chief Development Officer, ASAE and ASAR Foundation, and Andy Suther, Director of Strategic Partnerships, DonorSearch
11:00-11:15 am Snack Break with Exhibitors
11:15-12:15 pm Educational Session II
- A Fundraising Success Case Study: Using Your Annual Meeting to Fund-raise: Amanda Johnson, MA, Director of Development, ARVO Foundation for Eye Research
- Blended Gifts: A Funding Key to Growing Endowment Resources: James Connell, FAHP, CSA, Connell and Associates
- Modify, Marry, or Kill Your Giving Tuesday Campaign? Natalie Zundel, CFRE, Owner and Founder, Raise Well Consulting
12:15-1:15 pm AFG General Business Meeting
Luncheon Speaker What does philanthropy look like in 2030? Bond Lammey, Senior Vice President of Prospect Development, BWF
1:15-1:30 pm Dessert with Exhibitors
1:30-2:30 pm Educational Session III
- Ethical Fundraising – It is Possible: Luke Driscoll, Managing Director and Partner, CCS Fundraising, and Julie Deal, Interim CEO, AASLD, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- The Case of the One-Size-Fits-All-Contributions Request How to Raise More Money by Offering Distinct Value to Your Donors: Karen Eber Davis, MBA, Karen Eber Davis Consulting
- How to Learn to Love Data as a Catalyst for Fundraising Growth: Barbara O’Reilly, CFRE, Principal, Windmill Hill Consulting, LLC, and Sandi Smith, Director of Advancement, AMA Foundation
2:30-3:15 pm Poster Sessions
2:30-3:15 pm Coaching Circles*
3:15-3:30 pm Passport Prize with Exhibitors
3:30-4:30 pm Closing General Session, Maintaining Your Brand Independence: Ron Zywicki | Managing Director & Partner, David James Group
* Included with a conference registration fee. Separate registration is required.
A HUGE THANK YOU to our 2020 to join them, click here, AFG Sponsors!
Join Mail List
Join our mailing list and sign up for AFG reminders!