AFG Social Media Policies & Procedures
All AFG-labeled social media channels, including but not limited to blogs, microblogs, social networks, forums, and social news services, and the posts and comments on those channels, shall follow the standards outlined below.
AFG reserves the right to remove or to not publish any content deemed inappropriate for any reason, without notification.
AFG Social Media User Agreement
AFG-labeled social media channels, and any postings and comments therein, shall not contain or link to language or illustrations that:
- Is abusive, libelous, copyrighted, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or otherwise in violation of any law.
- Are intended for commercial purposes, such as solicitation of funds, promotion of commercial entities or engaging in other commercial activity
- Endorses or opposes any political candidate or party or any partisan political position.
- Include spam or chain letters.
- Violate a third party’s right to privacy or any other applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification.
- Infringes on any third party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
AFG LinkedIn Group
The Association Foundation Group (AFG) LinkedIn group is available to AFG members only. Participation in the group is subject to approval by AFG staff. To access the LinkedIn group, request to join the group online. AFG will then review the request, verify membership, and add the subscriber to the group(s). The anticipated turnaround time is one to two days.
The community should be used for Association Foundation Group related purposes only. This forum exists for members to freely and readily explore ideas and gather helpful information. Job postings not already posted on AFG?s Career Corner, sales pitches, and junk mail are prohibited and use of the group for these purposes will result in exclusion from the LinkedIn group.
- Please keep topics for discussion related to issues that concern Association Foundation Group and its members. Remember that all subscribers receive messages and replies. Please use private email when your messages are directed to a particular person.
- Group members are permitted to post resources such as formatted documents, sound clips, or pictures if they are relevant to the group and discussions.
The opinions of AFG social media channel creators, moderators, posters and commenters are their own, and not necessarily that of AFG or its affiliates. AFG will not be held liable for any injury resulting from such statements.
Disclaimer of Accuracy
Any opinions or information expressed herein [in the social media venue] are for general informational purposes only and are not intended in any fashion to be a substitute for professional consultation. Reliance on any information or advice contained herein [in the social media venue] is solely and completely at your own risk; therefore, you are urged to exercise a reasonable degree of caution in your use of any such information or advice. Under no circumstances does AFG, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or volunteers warrant the completeness, accuracy, or relevancy of any information or advice provided herein [in the social media venue], or its usefulness for any particular purpose. AFG, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and volunteers expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any liability, loss, or damage that you may cause or incur in reliance on any information or advice provided herein [in the social media venue].
These guidelines are subject to change depending on the requirements and needs of the community subscribers.
AFG reserves the right to preclude a member from using LinkedIn if he/she violates this policy.
Join Mail List
Join our mailing list and sign up for AFG reminders!