AFG National Conference 2018
When: Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 – 8 AM to 6 PM
Where: FHI 360 Conference Center in Washington, DC
This fast-paced, one-day conference is where association fundraising and foundation professionals unite, renew their commitment to lifelong learning, and strengthen the influence of the association community to do good. Join us to learn about and discuss the unique issues related to association fundraisers and foundation professionals.
Be sure to get your early bird rate.
The 2018 AFG National Conference will occur from 8:00am-4:30 pm on Wednesday, May 16th, 2018. A full schedule will be released in January. New this year is the addition of a Small Group Coaching session to help you reach your personal professional goals from 4:30 pm-5:30 pm.
Schedule and Conference Content
A sample of confirmed speakers and topics include:
- “What to Do if Your Mission Sucks” by Paul Amundsen, MNA, CFRE, VP of Development at the Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children Foundation
- “Donor Personalization for Planned Giving” by Heather Sherman, Director of Gift Planning at the AARP Foundation
- “Audit & Tax Traps!” by Douglas Boedeker, CPA, CMA, Partner at Tate & Tryon & Lynette Sappe-Watkins, CFRE, Executive Director at the PA Foundation
New this year is the addition of a Small Group Coaching session to help you reach your personal professional goals from 4:30 pm-5:30 pm. The following small group sessions are available. Space is limited. New sessions will be added as we get closer to the conference, with an opportunity for previously registered attendees to sign-up at a later date:
- Creating a Personal Brand on Social Media with John Doyle, Doyle McDonald
- Working with Recruiters During Your Job Search, Elizabeth Humphrey, Managing Principal at McCormick Group
- Crafting Your Resume to Standout, Cheryl Palmer, M.Ed., CPRW, Call to Career
- Leadership Development, Lisa K. Nabors, M.Ed., PCC, Partner, Strategic Performance Group
- Honing Your Interview Skills, Shelby Olson, PCC, Senior Consultant, Executive & Career Coach, Right Management
- FULL: Fine Tune Your Executive Presence, Carol Vernon, founder of Communication Matters
Register for the Conference!
Select the registration level below:
- Member (329.00)
- Member + Small Group Coaching (354.00)
- Non-Member (429.00)
- Non-Member + Small Group Coaching (454.00)
- Speaker Rate (169.00)
- Speaker Rate + Small Group Coaching (194.00)
2018 Sponsor Prospectus: Opportunities Available!
Refund, Payment and Cancellation Policies
Refund Policy: No Refunds will be granted. Registration fees are transferrable.
Payment Policy: The acceptable methods of payment are checks, cashier’s checks, money orders or credit card. All payments must be received within 10 days of registering for the AFG Conference. All early bird fees must be paid prior to March 30, 2018, any unpaid registrations will automatically increase to the regular attendee registration fee. Registration fees must be paid prior to May 16th, 2018.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations MUST be submitted in writing (emailed to email@example.com). Telephone requests WILL NOT be honored. Paid registration (attendee or exhibitor) fees will be transferred or credited. The registrant will be held responsible for any unpaid registration fees, regardless if they do not attend the conference.
All registration transfers must be made in writing by May 1, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Mail List
Join our mailing list and sign up for AFG reminders!